Friday, December 5, 2008

What I remember.....hardly anything

I definitely have that feeling of the heat remembered. Texas itself is a place that I would never forget. But certain things were not there for me to experience or have memories of. I don't know if it was meant to be or something. It feels really awkward when someone trys to explain something that happened that long ago. I myself moved away from the homestead around 3 years old. So I don't have much to write, considering that the stories started before I was born. If I was a couple years older I wouldn't feel as excluded. I would then remember all the awesome moments of Texas, my siblings, and my friends- if I had any official ones. I guess the stories would be more clear with the ones who actually were old enough to recall them. So I won't say much in the memoirs anymore. Falling into fire ant hills, playing in the mud pool in the driveway or in the pits that the boys would make, climbing in my favorite tree, throwing a magnet at Adam and chipping his tooth, jumping on an old matress with some of my siblings and getting scars from the springs on our knees, playing with a whole bunch of kittens, sleeping with Andy on the couch when I was little so I wouldn't forget him while he was on his mission, the boys bringing toads to put in my play pen when I was crying, or seeing my brothers falling through the floor or out the window.......practically nothing. The original homestead-the actual trailer isn't there today for me to see. Not much to say....... just that I'm little sis number eight and a blessing to my sister. I might be young but I lived there and I'm part of the family so I might as well put in one word.

4 comments:

Martin Andrews said...

That was kind of depressing. Cher Bear count your blessings. You have an opprotunity unlike some of your other siblings to take advantage of a better education and even more special: time with Mom and Dad. You also write ten times better than me already! Keep it up girl!! We all went through those times for you to have what you have today. The best was saved for last for sure.

Rugo said...

Do you actually remember all those things Cher, or did you just hear about them? Cause if you do, then you have a crazy god memory.

Brian said...

Tim: watch the weird blaspheme.

Cherish - thanks for the insights, but don't hesitate to include stuff from later as well. Rugglet history did not stop when we crossed the Mississippi. There are stories to tell in Jersey and PA. I look forward to it - you have had an interesting perspective being the youngest by so much.

Jennifer said...

Hey, I'm not a rugglet at all and I still wanna hear your stories. Your perspective of your older teenage brothers will be PRICELESS! Don't get discouraged by them only telling old stories that your weren't there for - those are the only stories those old fogies remember anymore.