Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brian's Career Path as a Stripper




Brian has always been one to want to please his siblings. I, as his older brother, found that he would do any thing that appeared to entertain me. Things started out innocently at first. Brian would make funny faces or would constantly repeat the word crap like he had turrets. He would often get in trouble for trying to carry out my pranks and I would act like he was just another disobedient sibling trying to upset Mamma.

One day, while Mom and Dad were gone, I thought I would try to see how far we could take Brian's desire to make Chanda and I laugh. At first we dared Brian to run to the end of the driveway and back naked. He quickly stripped down to his birthday suit and took off only to return to our laughter. Taking advantage of his current wardrobe, we decided to dare him to run to the end of the cul-de-sac and back. Mind you that to the cul-de-sac and back is about 450-500 feet both ways. I still remember Brian running down the street butt naked on a partially asphalt/gravel road while we and a few neighbors looked on. Before Brian even reached the cul-de-sac, I started to realize what a bad idea it was to do this to my faithful brother. I recall thinking that Mom and Dad should never know about this so long as I lived under their roof.

I never purposely tried to discover how far he would follow ever again...

Maybe one of the reasons why Brian didn't ever have an issue with having people know of our circumstances, is that he had nothing to hide. After all once you're standing naked in front of your neighbors what else can you hide?

1 comment:

Brian said...

A - How dare you!?!?

B - You deserved the beat down I gave you at Grandma and Grandpa's 5 years ago.

C - That is freakin hilarious

D - What if I had fallen? That could have been tragic.

E - Carrie is looking at me in a new light. she understands me better now. Thanks for the glasnost.