Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flingers

I am sure you all remember Nathan and Danny Rivera. Most of you probably remember the infamous flingers - little bits of picket fence that behaved rather oddly.

Danny and I discovered that if you gripped one end in your hand and flung the little beastie sidearm, the little slat of wood would make a bizarre buzzing sound and spin around its long axis and fly all crazy-like. It was akin to a huge, fast, goofy-shaped wasp. It still boggles my mind - I don't understand how that worked out to this day.

Also, it was a great length on to which one could affix a small mud-clay ball at one end and send the thing sailing the entire length of our property. We added a long-bomb capability to our warfare, as if it needed some new element of danger. We were about one conch away from hunting pigs and killing each other. It was AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love Lord of the Flies. Sucks to you and your asmar!