Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jaindl Turkey

Around here in Pennsylvania there is a turkey farm-the Jaindl turkey farm. It isn't that far from our house. It is actually really close to my school. So Craig, Tim, and Tracy...correct me if I'm wrong. They were coming home from somewhere.(I don't have all the details.)While they were driving home they were taking one of the roads that passes the turkey farm, they then saw something small walking on the side of the road-it was a baby turkey!! It escaped!! So what do they do-Craig jumps out of the car and grabs the baby turkey and puts it in the back seat. Once they got home they rushed up stairs with the turkey, while my parents and I were very confused and were wondering why they were in a hurry. So apparently they took care of the thing upstairs in Tim and Tracy's room. The boys came downstairs in the kitchen where we were. And they were collecting the strangest food and rushed upstairs once more. Again with the confusion in our brains. So we went to bed normally and we either did not here its squaking sound any other turkey would make or they made sure it would not make any noise. Don't ask me what or how they did. They even made sure that mom wouldn't discover it while waking them up for seminary. But she eventually did, and strangely, i remember she went to Adams room being all suspicious of him.(would not blame her!) Anyway so she charged in and slammed a box on top of Adam. And he was just really really confused. It's like why is mom plopping a box on top of me?? then he saw this little turkey peek out and peeped at him!! so he's just like "what the heck!" so yeah he explained that it was not his doing at all. (although my memory could be wrong..probably was part of it...?) And mom already figured that the other boys had something to do with it. This is what i remember vividly, she woke me up...it was my turn to go to school. After breakfast I went to brush my teeth. I kept on hearing awfully strange noises from somewhere. So I went to peek in all the doors and then when i met the twins room very secretly i opened the door(so no one would yell at me for doing such a thing)and there was an immeditate stench that was just so disturbing. There was bird poop everywhere! Then I heard a chirp around the corner and I turn my head and looked at a turkey sitting on top of tracy's lamp! I was shocked. I closed the door and thought, "wow, I must not be awake yet." So I open the door again to make sure I was just imagining. It turns out I wasn't-it was there agian! So then I yell, "MOM, THERE IS A TURKEY IN THE TWINS ROOM!" I rush downstairs and mom was all cool about it as if it was a normal thing that every family deals with- i remember her saying "yeah I know, didn't I tell you?" "NO!"
We eventually took the baby turkey back to the farm. It was actually quite cute if you forgot how much he smelled.

2 comments:

Rugo said...

This, by the way, is Cluck Cluck 2. I remember that farm, it was crazy to drive by it around thanksgiving...so many feathers. It was like snow in november.

Chanda said...

I love this story Cherish. Espcially the part about Adam. And it explains the lingering smell . . .