Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jacking Up the Floor

Speaking of repairs, ya'll remember our assignment to repair the holes in the trailer floor? We (Andy, Brian and me at least) had to lay underneath the trailer with a car jack and pieces of wood. We would push a new piece of wood over the hole and splintered particle board using the jack. Then we'd screw the new wood in place. There was a great deal of mud, cats, junk, laughing and bickering. Then there was the time Dad had me go under there and fix holes by myself as punishment for talking back to him. It wasn't nearly as fun . . . or easy.

3 comments:

Martin Andrews said...

I remember you down there by yourself while looked from above!! That was funny stuff. That was a huge operation. You and I spent hours down there to keep our bigger family members from falling through the floor!

Brian said...

I remember being down there and not actually contributing at all. Sorry about that - I was little. But it wasn't exactly my choice to be down there.

Tracethenfold said...

before my time, but picturing you in that situation is difficult....and hilarious.